Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Comes to the Village III

Hot on the heels of the ACW Tea and Bazaar comes the Navan Christmas Craft Fair. Those who get my Christmas letter will be familiar now with my rant about the amount of baking I have to do for the Sparks/Brownies bake table at the craft fair each year. For those who aren't it's two items for the bake table and one for the lunch counter, PER CHILD. I'm usually my own worst enemy, going all Martha Stewart and hand decorating 75 gingerbread snowflake cookie tree ornaments or some such lunacy, but this year I was sensible and went with less labour intensive items like mini cranberry orange pound cakes.

The sale runs Saturday and Sunday, and we decided to meet after the girls various lessons Saturday to have lunch and shop. One of the things I got that I'm really tickled with are these hand made Christmas cards. I plan to use them for our friends in the US and Europe whose cards have to be sent nice and early so they'll arrive in time. Well that's the plan anyway, even with the best of intentions, I'll be lucky if I can get them done in time for New Years'.

No comments: